There is a new start-up in the industry events. 24-25 October 2018 the 1st “SAY FUTURE”Forum was held in Moscow. The event added to the most lasting exhibition of means of state security provision “Interpolitex” with the exotic to Russia’s audience stand-up format and offline meetings of facebook groups. The organizers bench-marked the concept from Finland’s #Slush. The market did not understand everything in the format of the event; still generally it was content with it.
In 2017 Interpolitex counted 470 exhibitors; in 2018 it scored only 418. As there are many early birds among the exhibiting companies, the organizers felt the tendency and started looking for more appealing formats, as all the event industry does.
Securika Moscow for the first time in 2018 invited over the foreign speakers and hosted discussions at the venue of “Future of Security” Forum. The military Forum “Army” launched exposition “National security week” with events based on the security systems topics: fire safety, transport safety, border protection and etc.
SLUSH (which got its name being the autumn event, the other meaning is said to be from jargon “to chat”) is a non-commercial startup and tech event; its main goal to easier match the startup founders and investors. It is mostly pitching and networking for business-partners. It is held yearly in Helsinki, Finland. The project grew from the integrators’ hanging out and schmoozing in sauna..
SAY FUTURE organizers added customized contents to the format. The Speakers were talking for the mixed audience. Still the Forum counted over 100 experts in security and video surveillance, access control systems, cybersecurity and IoT. The pilot event was attended by 2700 specialists.
Alexander Chizhov, “Agregator” CEO, SAY FUTURE Ambassador
«“We do realize that it is the first “party” of the format and not many specialists understood what the format is about. SAY FUTURE is story-telling in the first place, implying there is no need pitting the booths or websites creativity against each other. You need to tell the story the way people would understand you. Many of the participants liked the ambience entourage: light, sound, etc. Very glad it was done so successfully. The Forum goes at several stages simultaneously, the speakers tell their stories and cases, dwell and discuss. I believe, the most successful dialogue was at Green stage, where the specialists on video surveillance, biometrics, and perimeter protection and etc talked.
Famous Speakers in new decorations
The International Committee Digital Economy BRICS President Natalina Litvinova formed the pool of the experts for the plenary talks. Yanina Dubeykovskaya, President of the World Communication Forum in Davos, Founder of Women Influence Community, gave welcome words to the participants and guests of the plenary part of the event, Viktor Uzlov, ADGEX Chairman, VP of National Technology Chamber, member of ICDE BRICS Expert Committee, Mr. Venkatesan Jayakumar, Executive Director of VALLES MARINERIS INTERNATIONAL PRIVATE LIMITED, United Nations expert on space law and space policy, SKOLKOVO invited expert, Sergey Gorbunov, President of Digital Economy and Law Institute, Anton Zor’kin, public figure, TV presenter, Candidate of Sciences (Ph.D.) in Psychology, motivation speaker, member of ICDE BRICS Expert Committee. The topics of the plenary talks varied from satellite AI-based security to consciousness ecology as global communication trend.
The audience met the already well-known speakers from non-governmental security sphere very warmly. Dmitry Galochkin, Deputy Chairman of Coordination Council of the Non-Governmental Security Sphere (NSS) of Russia and Inna Svyatenko, Deputy, Head of the Security Committee of the Moscow City Duma, traditionally opened the “Safe Capital” Forum.
These variety of the Forum’s program creates the intrigue in what the organizers will prefer in 2019, a scary innovative agenda or the risk-free favorites from the coryphaeus of the industry. As the event of 2018 concerns, the program had more of the well-known than the breakthrough topics. “Safe Capital” is not the only event of the annual Interpolitex conference program, which shifted to the Russian version of Slush. The sections wih original names “Cybersecuirty”, “Global Security Technologies Provision”, etc. were filled with famous at security systems market speakers. For example, Vladimir Shelepov, former “Asteros” employee, currently VP of “Systematika Group” traditionally dwelled on mass events security, while Alexander Gorshkov, Business Development Director at “Prosoft Biometrics”, repeated on modern solutions of biometric identification, etc.
Congress program of SAY FUTURE 2018
- Opening ceremony of “SECURITY OF THE FUTURE" FORUM
- FORUM OF (NSS) "SAFE CAPITAL"
- PLENARY SESSION "SAFE CITY - SMART CITY"
- "SMART" AND "SAFE" CITY CONFLICT
- CYBER SECURITY – New
- EXPORT POTENTIAL OF SECURITY INDUSTRY
- ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE IN SECURITY SYSTEMS – New
- GLOBAL SECURITY TECHNOLOGIES – New
- DIGITAL ECONOMY — THE MARKET OF INNOVATIONS OF THE FUTURE – New
- RETAIL SECURITY – New
- SECURITY SYSTEMS INTEGRATION
- COMMUNICATION OF THE FUTURE: HUMAN AND TECHNOLOGIES – New
- «SAY FUTURE»: Weekend – New
- VIDEO SURVEILLANCE
- ANTITERROR: SAFETY OF INFRASTRUCTURE
- PERIMETER PROTECTION AS ONE OF THE KEY ASPECTS OF OBJECT PROTECTION
- BIOMETRICS OF THE FUTURE — CLASH OF OPINIONS
- BLOCKCHAIN SECURITY - New
- EMPLOYEE POOL OF SECURITY INDUSTRY
- COLLABORATIVE ROBOTICS — THE SECURITY OF THE FUTURE IN INDUSTRIAL PRODUCTION
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY – New
100 Innovations Show case
- Presentations of new technological solutions
- Nomination: Access Control Systems
- Nomination: Equipment & Outfit
- Nomination: Drones
- Nomination: Fire Safety Systems
- Nomination: Means of security provision
- Seminars of security industry companies
- Presentations of existing technological solutions
CONFERENCE: "PROSPECTS OF CREATION OF SAMPLES OF ARMS AND SPECIAL EQUIPMENT OF NEW GENERATION"
SPECIAL TRANSPORT Section
SPECIAL MEANS Section
Research and practice conference “TECHNICAL AND FORENSIC SUPPORT FOR THE DETECTION AND INVESTIGATION OF CRIMES”
Research and practice conference “TECHNICAL MEANS OF COMPLEX SECURITY RPOIVISION OF STATE TERRITORIES AND OBJECTS: PROBLEMS AND DEVELOPMENT PERSPECTIVES”
Research and practice conference “PRIORITY TRENDS OF THE MODERN STATE BORDER TECHNICAL EQUIPMENT”
“What modern event can exist without the contest?” – the organizers thought and announced NATIONAL SECUIRTY AWARD. The fast glance at the Nominees list and the jury dispels any doubts, it is not Finland. The law enforcement agencies are still in force here!
NATIONAL SECURITY AWARD 2018 listing:
- Military Academy of Aerospace Defense
- Military Academy of Strategic Missile Forces of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation
- Military Institute (Railway Troops and Military Transport Connections) of the Military Logistics Academy
- Military Aerospace Academy n.a. N.E. Zhukovsky and Yuri Gagarin
- Intellectual Security
- JSC “SPA “Orion”
- Companies Group “ROZA VETROV”
- Systems of Practical Security Ltd.
- Sitronics Smart Technologies
- Yaroslavl Higher Military College of Anti-Aircraft Defense
Inter-agency Contest Jury Committee of the NATIONAL SECURITY AWARD 2018:
Director of SAY FUTURE Platform – Nickolay S. Marichev.
Secretary of the Committee: Interpolitex Project Manager ECG BIZON, JSC, Oleg. E. Verner.
- Senior Researcher, National Guard Troops (Rosgvardia), R&D Center “Ohrana (Guard)”, Vladimir S. Zarubin.
- Head of Analysis Department for Technical Security Means of the Center of Technical Provision of the National Guard Troops, Yuriy V. Borzenkov.
- Senior Officer of the Information Security Group, of the Main Communications Directorate of the National Guard Troops, Sergey E. Zabirov.
- Head of R&D Department of Ryazan National Troops College of Airborne Forces, Vasiliy V. Elistratov.
- Military Educational and Research Center, Military Aerospace Academy n.a. N.E. Zhukovsky and Yuri Gagarin, Prof. Viktor V. Belyaev.
- R&D Center of Federal Security Service of Russia, Maxim V. Fayustov.
- Telecom Engineer of Moscow Energy Institute, Information Agency “Security Today” Chief Editor, Anatoly Y. Yermachenko.
In 2018 the Organizers made accent on talks and discussions, face-to-face meetings (separate zone was given to offline activities of FB-community “Video Surveillance and Security Systems”. The only showcase zone had to be innovation start-ups. Still there were companies already present in the market. Rosatom division company Dedal, JSC neighbored young, but not neglected by investors’ attention NtechLab company (25% of which belongs to State Corporation RosTech, 12,5% NDF Fund), which already has shown its algorithms of face recognition in Moscow subway and FIFA-2018 stadiums. Real “garage” startups weren’t present.
What’s the future, bro?
НIn its first year the Forum went ahead of itself in many aspects, under the innovative decorations there is still plenty space for innovative content. The organizers’ determination and will to concentrate on the industry community is encouraging. Obviously, the confidence in necessity of new approaches will win over the exhibition-oriented experience of BIZON. The SAY FUTURE leaders Sergey and Nickolay Marichev say openly that they were well aware of the risks, but future is marked with business forums. After all, the obstacle course can be taken once again.
Nickolay Marichev, ECG BIZON’s Executive Director.
We’ve studied the experience of the first SAY FUTURE Forum, I believe we’ve benefited from the lessons.
In 2019 SAY FUTURE will widen the thematic sections and new possibilities emerge. The customers will be able to solve their practical business tasks, participating in the Forum.
The difficulty that we have to overcome is a large number of “numb” experts of the security market. Due to the specifics of the industry many specialists pend on sharing experience with wide public, the habit was cultivated by the years of service in relevant closed agencies. But we do realize that living in digital society with the past experience is anachronism, a bug leading to development deceleration of all the economic relations system. We are trying to fix it.
Moscow, RUBEZH, Stanislav Tarasov, Dmitry Voronin